Thread: Regional colored Map

Guild Apprentice

Default Regional colored Map

Here's a map Im currently trying on.

Feedback is welcome.

Btw the city banners are just placeholders. They are from my fav video game [Skyrim].
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	For now.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	50528  

I really like this map, the colors on it are wonderful. The slight texture on the land is also a nice touch.

I think the major critique I have is that it seems a bit sparse near Antragar, but i'm sure that since this is a work in progress you'll fix that. A minor fix I would make would to make the ocean and your rivers/lakes the same color, just for consistency. You might consider changing the city graphic (houses, with tower) to be just a box or a dot, that way it doesn't seem that the mapping elements are repeating that much.

Overall a nice map, it's coming along great!

Guild Apprentice

Thanks, I like the color scheme aswell and Im glad you enjoy it too.

I used the same color for sea as for lakes/rivers, it just doesnt seem like it because the blue is darkened near the landmass. Im planning on looking on that later.

The area near Antragar is not yet started. Im still thinking of what to put there. I have some ideas but I decided to concentrate on the other areas of the map first.

Overall I think the map still feels a bit empty and Im currently trying to find interesting landmarks to fix the holes.

I'll give the dots/squares instead of city icons a try, I also thought that it was a bit repetetive. Or Im using a variety of icons.