Thread: Hi there!

Default Hi there!

Hi, I'm Lex, new to both this site and cartography. Throughout the past couple of years I've gotten sucked in to really I guess the idea of fantasy fiction. I love the alternate worlds and how some write with magic, others like it's strictly medieval times, et cetera. I can't really attribute it to one thing specifically - have read Harry Potter, played World of Warcraft on and off for years.

Anyway, I've also been writing pretty steady for the past three years and right now I'm crafting a fantasy 'novella' (we'll see where that goes - I get lost in the words easily) and have also been crafting a map for it on and off. Can I just say this site is amazing? It's awesome! I've already found several wonderful tutorials and dozens of inspiring maps while I've lurked for the past couple of weeks - so I figured it was time to sign up. My map's finally coming together the way I wanted it to and I'll eventually post it up but for now I'll just leave comments telling you masters how beautiful your work is

Welcome to the Guild Lex! I know the feeling, I can easily get absorbed in a good fantasy setting. Well I look forward to seeing your around the forums.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh