Thread: Hey CG community! Happy to be here!

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Hey CG community! Happy to be here!

Hi everybody! Finally found a great place to put some of the projects i work on. Well heres a quick background on me. I am a self tought 3d animator and modeler in 3d studio max but i reach out to a decent variety of programs. Im interested in making realistic and breathtaking landscapes for video games. Im 22 now and ive been doing this since i was 13.
    Here is one of the maps ive started. Might come back to it but for now im going to do a variety of just base terrains until i get some that look amazing. If anyone wants to give any suggestions or comments i wouldnt be here if i didnt want to hear them so speak up!

Hey Landers, glad to meet you and welcome to the boards!

Looking very interesting there! I've got an interest in 3D maps too- and learning to use 3DS Max (soon I hope..one day one day). You'll find all kinds of mapping angles on here and plenty of tuts as well. Drop by our project thread on here if you like http://www.cartographersguild.com/ge...m-project.html

monks

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

And I will add that if you are into 3d terrain and Tolkien you do indeed NEED to see that project of monks and a few others from here and elsewhere

And Welcome to the Guild, The Mappiest Place on the Web

Have some rep for the excellent terrains posted in your First Post
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Welcome to the Guild Landers! Wow, that's pretty cool. Never worked with 3D before, but this looks great. Look forward to seeing more of your work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Here is a timelapse recording i just did and uploaded. Let me know what ya think. There are 2 on the channel so far.

Forest Valley Sculpting Timelapse - YouTube

edit: I couldn't see the vid so I added another link to it because I for one wanted to see the timelapse.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 12-19-2012 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Added CryEngine Still Screens

That's pretty cool. How do you make the timelapse videos if I may ask? I've been asked about doing something like that for my work in Photoshop but I'm virtually clueless.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Camtasia studio and Premier Pro, although there are options. Just find screencap programs.
    Camtasia Studio 5 has timelapse recording built in to the video options, i have not figured out how to do that in Camtasia 7, i just max speed the video and make it final speed in Premier pro. Add music, a couple titles and viola!
    Last edited by Landers117; 12-19-2012 at 05:53 AM.