Thread: Introducing Me

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Info Introducing Me

Hello Everybody,
    I'd just like to introduce myself. My name is Joe, and I'm 34 years old, a father of 3, and a husband. I like a little of everything. Spending time with my family, video games, reading, movies, and programming. I've tried college 2 times, the first time I was immature and it didn't pan out well, and the second time I had to quit because of loss of income after moving from Montana to West Virginia. I'm a man full of unfinished projects, this is an irritating trait I have, but I've not mastered it yet. I've visited this site numerous times, and I've loved everything I've seen here. I'm in the creative process of writing a book. I do hope to finish this one day but for now it's in the planning stage. I hope to learn some skills here in order to create my world map digitally. I've got it partially hand drawn but I have to add the details like, cities, mountains, forest, etc. Though I'm not very artistically creative, I believe it will be decent when I get the chance to finish it. If you've got any questions feel free to ask. I look forward to reading all your wonderful posts.
    Thanks for having me
    Warder

Hey Warder, welcome. I'm also in the process of writing a book, so if you want to exchange ideas, drafts or whatever just send me a private message. Hope you enjoy it here and find it helpful.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Ah, the Unfinished Project......I know it well

It is my curse as well. Been here so long and only one map in the Finished column. But ah well, maybe soonish I will have more.

Welcome to the Guild, The Mappiest Place on the Web

Enjoy your stay and don't be shy about letting us see what you are working on. One of the best things about this place (and there are many) is that we love maps, and wish to help anyone who tries to make a good map. And we define a good map as one where a) it is to the best of your CURRENT abilities. b) It conveys the info you want it to convey. And c) One that YOU are satisfied with. Post your work in the WIP (Work In Progress) Forums and ask any questions you may have and we will have you making good, if not great, maps perdy darn quick
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

I appreciate both the warm comments. Currently my existing map is only hand drawn, I have to add some of the details to it before I scan, but with work, and other real life commitments I've not worked on it in a while, but lately been having this itch to work on my book outline. Though, I need to finish the map, so I can layout the path of the plot line Will upload it as soon as I get those details added

Welcome to the Guild Warder.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thank you Arsheesh, I noticed your links in your signature and tried to click on them and they are broken

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Yeah, that is most probably because the site is in the middle of a server move and some of the boxes got sent to the wrong room or something like that. I am not a techi so that is what I got from the explanation should be sorted out soon. You should be able to find them if you do a search for them in the Tutorial forum. And if I can express my own opinion here, they are well worth the effort to look for. Or wait til the site is back to normal.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Warder View Post
    Thank you Arsheesh, I noticed your links in your signature and tried to click on them and they are broken
    Huh, that's odd, I'll have to look into that. Thanks for letting me know.

cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Sorry all-

Due to some changes in the SEO of the site, the old forum.cartographersguild.com links don't work.

People can just edit their links to "www" instead of "forum" and the links will work.

I'm checking to see if I can run a sql replace query to do this in batch....

-Rob A>