I decided to make use of the rpg City Map Generator to SVC Converter in this thread here. I made my map with rpgcitygenerator and then converted it to an svg file. Next I opened it in Inkscape and converted it to .emf file so that I could more easily open it in Adobe Illustrator. (It seems that AI has some problems when trying to open these specific .svg files.) Once in Illustrator I was cleaned up the lines, moved a few things around, and gave the entire map an isomorphic projection. There are two ways (that I am familiar with) to create an isomorphic drawing. The first is to use an iso grid, which is what I am doing with this map here. This seems really good for a freehand drawing. The second way that I know of is the Scale, Shear and Rotate method (SSR). Here is a good explanation on this technique. For the following map I used the second one, since it is easy-peasy to do in Illustrator (and other vector programs).

These maps are more or less trials for me to learn how to make such a map as this.

The first one is a daytime version of the map.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lighthousetown04.jpg 
Views:	1214 
Size:	4.45 MB 
ID:	50577

But since this is a town with a lighthouse, I figured that I should do a nighttime version as well. I made two maps with different nighttime colors.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lighthousetown05.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	2.86 MB 
ID:	50575Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lighthousetown06.jpg 
Views:	515 
Size:	3.06 MB 
ID:	50576

The nighttime maps also gave me a great opportunity to practice using opacity masks in Illustrator, which is the method on how I made the light from the lamps and the lighthouse.

Overall, this was a really fun map to make. Now, I am starting a second map, and this time I will add more details to the houses, instead of just leaving them as a bunch of blocks.