Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Region 1][Map 06][City 01] Arborea

Very pretty. I can see the place now as a somewhat 'bumpkiness' place (of the opinion of most of the more 'civilised' of the Skoldavean folk).

I can see the place now as producing much rich timber, furs and pelts, as well as likely unique & highly sought after foodstuffs (truffles anyone?), yet with the presence of the large likely mostly standing water of the area (and likely somewhat marshy in places) I can see the area as also suffering from insects (like mosquitoes) and a few other vermin.

So, an important local with important resources, but certainly not an enjoyable place to be. Again, all based off where I grew up in Northern British Columbia
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Lookin really nice, except for the word Cittie (unless that is intentional). Love the texture of the city streets and the buildings look like they've been chiseled out of stone, really nice.
    Thanks, Ascension. 'Cittie' is intentional (perhaps a bit too faux 'ye olde' though) - one of the pubs I used to drink at when i was a student was 'The Cittie of York' and it's name just popped into my head when I was doing the label.

That is an interesting water technique! I like it.

One question on the elevations... Does the city slope up to the water in the south, or is it on a plateau with the rest of the land dropping away? If the latter, how does the lake level fit with the terrain?

-Rob A>

Thanks! I think it's taken from one of the water textures in the textures section (I think I might have even made it - but I can't remember now).

Yes, the city slopes up to the water in the south...I've put a shadow in to hopefully make it clearer. One of my challenges here was to build the city on a slope, so the natural point for the entrance would be in the north, where the gradient is at its shallowest.

I can't think of anything else to put into this one. I quite like this map, it has a kind of 'compact completeness' about it. I'm really pleased at how the elements seem to fit together to form a whole picture (to me at least). I find this very hard to explain and I don't think that most of my other maps have it, it's just a satisfying balance is the closest I can come to explaining it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25 june a.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	4624  

Blog Entries

This is a great map. Do you know where exactly it is located in Halgestia ?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Great job Ravells, that looks fantastic!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    This is a great map. Do you know where exactly it is located in Halgestia ?
    See top post. I guess I should update my Thanelands map.....
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    See top post. I guess I should update my Thanelands map.....
    Whoops, I read and reread all the text but didn't study all the pics. Luckily thats where I put it already on my map so thats cool.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123