Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: still trying FT + Photoshop

I wasn't suggesting gray borders on things, just drawing over the river and coast with a not-quite black pen. What I was trying to describe is similar to a line drawing containing the mechanical graphical elements (lines, text, borders, etc.) drawn on top of a sheet of thick vellum with the original saturated image aligned underneath it.

Guild Adept

Another small update. I am now mostly content with the "physical" map, I think it gives right the impression I want for this world. I think that the spaced names works better, I wonder why I did not notice that before (btw, is there in photoshop a way to make that automatically? I had to manually add spaces between the letters, which does not satisfy my innermost OCD core).
    I cannot find good colors for the "political" map, any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    I decided to add towns (small triangles) and fortresses, in addition to cities (circles) and large cities (squares), I am ambivalent toward these additions. I also have to make up many other names, always the worst part for me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kelerion-ValleyPolitical.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	60399

Name:	Kelerion Valley.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	60400

It depends on your version of Photoshop I suspect, but in CS6 if you have the Character dialogue open (go to Window along the top menu bar and it should be in the list), there are various elements of a text box that you can modify, including spacing between individual letters. In CS6, the symbol in this dialogue box you'll be looking for is a VA with a two-headed arrow underneath, and it is set to 0 by default. There is a T also with a two-headed arrow, but that stretches or squishes the text.

I have an older version of PS and I know that you can change elements of the text of multiple layers at the same time. Just select them all and make the changes you want.

Guild Adept

Alternative, sepia-based, political:

Name:	Kelerion-ValleyPolitical2.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	60414
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kelerion-ValleyPolitical2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	4.52 MB 
ID:	60413  

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456