Thread: Map colour help?

Question Map colour help?

So yeah, I have this map i'm working on at the moment (Below), and I can't find a good colour for the nations. Can someone help please, for example, how would you find a good colour for your nations? Because every colour I've tried looks terrible.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map of UCAOE Revised.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	50654
    Last edited by Maybe; 12-23-2012 at 01:43 PM.

At this stage of the game, I'd find a map that I liked the look of and just sample the colours from that. You will, of course, want to either find something that goes well with your chosen water colour or change the water to accommodate. You might also check out the Resources forum here; I seem to recall that there's a thread in there with links to colour scheme generators.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Oh, okay, thanks dude

I might also add that if you are going to use a solid color to indicate each nation I think it might look odd because the ocean is also solid. I have seen maps that indicate borders by using a line which fades in towards the nation. Something like that might look better. Or just a line around the border that looks like a highlighter was used.

I would do Mid said and just take a look at some maps in the gallery and find something you think might work.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt