Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Western Arnonas

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default Western Arnonas

Here's a pseudo-Napoleonic setting, steampunk & sorcery. I started the basic map months ago for a friend's RPG group. That group dissolved before I could do much with the map, so I appropriated the coastlines for my own nefarious purposes.

Many thanks to Starraven for the city brushes. The font is Optimus Princeps. The title box artwork is public domain.

The date shows 2013 because I didn't think I'd get a chance to finish this until the new year, and basically I'm too lazy at this point to go back and change it. Plus, I may still add other stuff to it, so that date might be accurate after all. Yeah, that's the ticket.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arnonas2.jpg 
Views:	1231 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	50658  

Lovely work as always Diamond.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Another diamond (pun intended ).

Although, if i might ask...why the sudden change to this ... basic mountain-style (you used this one in your recent Noctiland map as well)? You have made so many beautiful mountains (for example in your Guthult map or your Old Empire Successors map). Why not use those?
    These mountains almost look like Pyramid symbols (on first glance).
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

I think the simplified mountains look fine this on map myself. Great style by the way!

Thank you guys. @Eilathen: I went with these mountains because I like the way they look, pure and simple.

Blog Entries

Lovely map, Diamond. I like it a lot.

I have to admit though, I ain't too fond of your border. I don't like the squiggle on it and it doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the map. Or maybe it is the scale bar that is too black and crisp? Anyway, small things... love the map as usual. And I like your simple mountains.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Yep, I agree with you Ramah; that scale bar bugs me as well. As for the border, meh. I kinda like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    @Eilathen: I went with these mountains because I like the way they look, pure and simple.
    Fair enough I don't have anything against simple style, mind you! Those mountains just rub me the wrong way...they just look too much like egyptian pyramids (i guess that is because of the black-white shading thing and the very straight lines overall).
    I'd really like to see your Noctiland map with some of your more sophisticated mountains (consider this a christmas wish ).
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

I agree on the critic concerning the scalebar and the mountains, they just look to computer generated to me. On the otherhand I like your see shading with the slight color variation, thats realy taking my breath.

I'll fix the scale bar and repost; the mountains are staying though - I like 'em. I may do a variant with different mountains though, since so many people are asking.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast