Thread: Noob :)

Post Noob :)

Hi all, I'm new to the site and looking for map elements, or ideas for creating them. I use Photoshop CS5 but also have Campaign Cartographer and Fantasy Overland, as well as several older versions of Paint Shop Pro. I find Campaign Cartographer a bit cumbersome to use and prefer Photoshop. Anyway, am looking forward to learning a lot on this site, though I've encountered quite a few broken links during my poking around over the last few days. Oh, and best wishes to all for Christmas and the New Year!

Welcome Ladyoz,

There are a lot of great artists here who should inspire and help you.

If you are interested in mapping elements, Neyjour has posted some very nice ones in the mapping elements forum.
    And this link will take you to the thread where I have posted hundreds of objects and Items.
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/ma...es-chairs.html

If you are looking for traditional mapping elements like mountains and forests, there are some great threads for those as well. Swartzenkruez has some fantastic ones.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

MiLady of Oz,

Be most welcomed to the most Honorable Guild of Cartographers, The Utmost Mappiest Location of All the Web

With regrets about the links...we are in the process of changing host servers and things (links mostly) got a weeee bit glitchy. If you have the name of a tut or the author, you should still be able to find the tutorial mentioned. Like bogie said, use the search function in the forum. It is hoped that the hosting ppl can get this sorted ot shortly.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Korash View Post
    MiLady of Oz,

Be most welcomed to the most Honorable Guild of Cartographers, The Utmost Mappiest Location of All the Web

With regrets about the links...we are in the process of changing host servers and things (links mostly) got a weeee bit glitchy. If you have the name of a tut or the author, you should still be able to find the tutorial mentioned. Like bogie said, use the search function in the forum. It is hoped that the hosting ppl can get this sorted ot shortly.
    Ah, I wondered if that had something to do with the busted links. At any rate, welcome to the Guild Ladyoz.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Ah, I wondered if that had something to do with the busted links.
    -Arsheesh
    Oh, I am only going off what Arcana said in his update on the situation......I am just assuming that is where the problem lays...
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent