Thread: The Island of Hibeos

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Island of Hibeos

Hello Everyone!

This is the first map that I've made without any influences from the works of others, meaning that I had to develop my own techniques in Photoshop.
    It is a pretty small map (2000x2000 px) that I've been working on for a couple of days now, from time to time.

I wanted to try some new techniques, and I think I found a nice way to give maps a rough, sketchy feel, almost as if they were painted or drawn by hand.

I tried many different ways to get my end result and I also learned a lot of new things, for example, I started creating my own brushes in Photoshop to give the sense of the map being handmade, and I created icons for villages and ruins etc. to make it easier for me in the future.

The font I used for the island's name is called "Aquiline" and is available for free at cooltext.com

Many aspects were held in mind when I drew the map, like the climate and history of the island.
    If anyone is interested in my thoughts while drawing the map, I could update this post later on
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Island of Hibeos.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	50669  
    Last edited by Antonehn; 12-25-2012 at 08:02 AM.