Thread: Tropan: The Definitive Version

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default Tropan: The Definitive Version

Over the years, I've drawn and re-drawn and re-imagined and re-conceptualized this world many, many, MANY times, and each time I've been somewhat dissatisfied. This is the world that most of my short stories and aborted novel attempts have taken place in, and I always feel like if the map isn't perfect the stories won't be either. I suspect a lot of that is just me being obsessive, but the older I get, the more I realize I need to sh*t or get off the pot, so to speak, with my writing.

So this thread will be a final attempt to finally nail down the look and feel of Tropan once and for all. One of the things I've struggled with over the years was figuring out a proper projection and finding a good graticule grid, both of which I now can call finished thanks to gilgamec and his awesome thread: Blank graticules.

Tropan has four continents; though only two are really important to my work, I plan to map out the entire world for completeness's sake, though the 'off' continents won't receive the level of detail that the other two will.

Here's the first pass at the western half of the northern hemisphere:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TropanHem1.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	50766