Thread: Region Fantasy Map. It's goin' down!

Wip Region Fantasy Map. It's goin' down!

So, all you wonderful people here, I am again attempting to make a map. I need one before the first, and I figured if I made my last one in 3 days, I could make one in 2, right...? I suppose we will see in the end.
    This is for a book I'll be writing over the course of 2013. Whether I'll end up publishing or not is negligible, but that's beside the point. Down to the apmaking.

There is no title for the place yet. For anything really. I kind of just doodled this to be a guideline for the actual thing. I hand-draw because I suck at anything that has to do with an image editor or anything of the sort. It'll be in a similar style to Orenn, but with a few tweaks for the kind of map it's supposed to be. Anyways, off to it.
    My starting doodle:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16i79yd.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	536.6 KB 
ID:	50803
    There's a lot of work to be done here... I know.
    Last edited by Dream3r; 12-30-2012 at 02:22 AM.
    "And I'm looking for a blonde in a union jack. A specific one, mind, I didn't just wake up this morning with a craving."
    -The Doctor

Here's the land outline. I've just gotten started and from here on there should be substantial updates. How much changes between each update will depend on what still needs to get done.

Name:	2v0h3sg.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	50831
    "And I'm looking for a blonde in a union jack. A specific one, mind, I didn't just wake up this morning with a craving."
    -The Doctor

I started on the northern kingdom place and the mountains in the center. I'm not sure how to make the lake and rivers in the mountains look like lava, but I'm sure I'll be fine. I'm trying to figure out how to get the southern plains-people's buildings right. Anyways, here's another quick preview.

Name:	29240lc.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	50832
    -The Doctor

Here's another quick update. Added some little buildings up top and darkened some stuff. Also figured out the huts to the south and am now brainstorming how to do the forest...

Name:	2ep3p7c.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	50835
    -The Doctor

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

its all hand draw?

It's totally hand-drawn. I am horrible with image editors for actual images. So I just hand-draw it all. It's not all that great, but it gets the job done. I was happy with the result of my last one...

Okay, so I shaded some more mountains and started the forest. I'm totally winging the forest right now, so we'll see how that ends up. I wasn't sure about the river at first, but I think I like it now, especially because it dips into the forest a little. Still a bit of a ways to go, though.

Name:	ekfi9z.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	104.6 KB 
ID:	50841
    -The Doctor

Okay, so I tihnk everything that I'll be doing by hand is done. The rest is labeling and maybe a few little texture details through GIMP... Maybe...
    Anyways, here it is. I darkened the edging, shaded the coasts, and put the "sources" in there (The little rupee looking things ).

Name:	1zoc806.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	139.7 KB 
ID:	50843
    -The Doctor

It's done! I finished! Check out the completed work here: LINK
    -The Doctor