Thread: I can't use GIMP online.

Default I can't use GIMP online.

Can someone help me? I registered with my passport and everything but when I click on the main page and click on online it says there is a connection problem. Don't think im a noob, I can draw very good, I just can't connect to the internet for some reason. It makes me sad...

Hmm, do you mean when you click on "Help"/"Gimp Online" and can select from 'Developer, Main, Plug-in, User Manual' ?

Mine seems to work but then I've already got my browser open and have had Gimp installed for years.
    I'm not sure if there is a setting to use a certain browser or not but in any case, none of this should keep you from using the Software.

You might want to close Gimp and restart it and try again. Sometimes you have to do that with Gimp for certain settings to take effect but this is just a guess.

If you really need those links here they are:
    GIMP Developer Resources - GIMP Development
    GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program
    GIMP Plugin Registry | A repository of optional extensions for the GIMP.
    GIMP Documentation

The user manual links are:
    2. Main Windows
    Chapter 6. Getting Images out of GIMP
    14. Drawing Simple Objects
    Appendix D. Eeek! There is Missing Help
    2. Preparing your Images for the Web
    5. Paths
    Chapter 10. Enhancing Photographs

As far as I know there is no real "Online" version of Gimp but I hope something here is helpful because I know how frustrating it was when I first started trying to learn how to draw digitally. Just be determined not to give up and you will get there.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

you know, thats what I was thinking but I dont know how to disable it and I asked my computer friend he says you have to go through a long complicated process with your IP address to set up a connection or something... I barely understood him. I disagree I think it has to do with the firewall.

So are you saying you can't run the software?
    If that is true I would uninstall and start over because I never have had anything like that with Gimp.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

how do you deleat Gimp? I'm not very good with the internet so I need your help

Assuming you are running some version of Windows, you want to do an "Uninstall"

In Windows you can go to your "Control Panel" and then click on the 'Programs'/Uninstall a program'. This will give you a list of software that is on your computer, it should be alphabetical. Just go down to where you see "Gimp" and select that. The uninstall program will then walk you through the removal.

After all is completed you can re-download and install Gimp again.

You should only do this however if you can't use Gimp at all. Honestly, as far as I know they don't have an 'online' version so I'm not sure what you are dealing with. If you can open Gimp and start a new drawing and draw then I wouldn't do the uninstall. I would just pull up the Gimp manual in a browser and then get busy. I don't think I ever used those links in the help menu.