Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Hand Drawn Village

Wip New Hand Drawn Village

Something for an introductory adventure I'm writing and currently in the process of colouring. This won't have any labels on it as it'll be going into a PDF. I also really ought to think of a name very soon so find/replace all instances of xxvillagenamexx. =P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newmodulevillage.jpg 
Views:	2079 
Size:	514.0 KB 
ID:	50815  

Hey Larb I see you got the hand drawn bug LOL. Looking good but I have dibs on the "don't name the map" theme

Looking good Larb.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I got some of the colouring done. I've been working on it on and off while writing the adventure. Not entirely sure about the grass.

I even managed to come up with a name now so you can have you unnamed map theme back now, Vellum!

Name:	lynnrassaWiP.jpg 
Views:	817 
Size:	801.4 KB 
ID:	50931  

Man you're making me work at this no name thing aren't ya What was the process with this, hand drawn and scanned in or "hand drawn" in PS for the first sketch.

It's drawn in SAI with a tablet pen and then I switch to photoshop to colour it. I don't draw on paper so much these days. I can never find the undo button. =P

This is really great. The line work is so clean, but still hand made...simply great. I would also tweak the grass a bit, maybe just mute down the green would do the trick.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Pretty good job here. Grass probably needs some more work to be great. Maybe less bright colors, some slight color variations and a bit of texture could do the thing.

Nice work, excellent layout.

Ok it's at a finished state for me now. I made some big changes to the grass, toned it down, removed a texture I was using and added a bit more variety to it. It is being labeled in indesign which is why I'm not adding any on this.

Name:	lynnrassaWiP.jpg 
Views:	415 
Size:	711.6 KB 
ID:	50985  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast