Thread: Myrr (Fantasy Viking Country)

Wip Myrr (Fantasy Viking Country)

My fiancee wants to introduce a viking character into our Al-Qadim game (got lost at sea, shipwrecked in the desert), so I thought i'd create a map of her homeland. Myrr is a viking clan of Orcs who have pillaged/plundered their way to ruling over a vast semi-arctic region. Its heavily inspired by maps of Denmark, Iceland, and Alaska.

I made this with CC3....and I'm pretty happy with how the mountains turned out considering how difficult they can be to make with that program. I'm not 100% of the final land formation yet...may want to add some more islands and stuff. And, i'm not 100% on the textures/colors I used for the land and sea...But comments, critiques, and suggestions are welcomed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Myrr2.JPG 
Views:	612 
Size:	805.9 KB 
ID:	50823
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Looks fine to me, only the repeating textures bugging me a bit. Is it DJ's New style fit CC3 Dezember anual?

The water texture comes from that annual. The other textures were grabbed from the Dunjinni forums over time. The mountains were actually made by applying some sheet effects to different textures (rather than relying on symbols).

Here's an update. I think the repeating textures are less obvious now...but i'm still tinkering.

Name:	Myrr2.JPG 
Views:	501 
Size:	746.3 KB 
ID:	50833

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

another update...

Name:	Myrr 2+f.JPG 
Views:	173 
Size:	745.5 KB 
ID:	50878

Looking good. I like the limited color range, and the choice of color palette.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Adept

That is quite excellent, in particular considering that it was done with CC3. And I agree arsheesh, excellent colors.
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

Thanks guys...i'm calling this one "Tentatively done"...i've developed some back story which has allowed me to do some labeling, but since this started as sort of a spontaneous side track, i'm not sure when i'll have the time to develop it further.

Although...if anyone is interest in viking pillage and plunder, i've got some limited back story material on my blog.

Name:	Myrr Dominion - 4mb.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	3.52 MB 
ID:	50945