Thread: Map of "la Cité Blanche" (WIP)

Wip Map of "la Cité Blanche" (WIP)

Hi,
    for my first map-related post, I'm going to share the work I'm doing on one of the maps of a bigger project.
    I'm a fan of a french writer who wrote a series of novels called "Autre Monde" (Another World in english). In those novels, Earth has changed, human race have almost been wipe out and only a few kids and adults (who are amnesics) have survived. But adults try to kill kids for religious purpose. To make things worse, Nature grows up very fast and our old cities are covered up by vegetation.

This map represents "La Cité Blanche" (aka Paris in the old world) which is a small part of the old city as the nature is covering a vast part of the streets and houses.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cité blanche1.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	442.8 KB 
ID:	68211

Feel free to comment But remind that it's my first "published" map. And also, sorry for my english it's not perfect !

I misread the thread title and thought this would be a map of actress Cate Blanchett.

Looks like your map is off to a good start.

I don't recognize Paris yet, but I agree with SJS : very good start. It makes me want to see more

Looks great so far Anubis. It´s an interesting story-backgroud. The area is not finished yet? I´m asking, because in "Old Paris" your area shown would have had some hundred-thousand inhabitants and even reduced to a more township-like settlement it would have some 20 000 inhabitants, I think. Interested to see more from you

Actually, the story takes place nowadays but vegetation has spread from everywhere to cover the entire world so the humans that are still alive in this harsh world have to destroy plants almost every day to keep parts of the city untouch.
    And this portion of Paris that as become the Cité Blanche (renamed by the amnesic adults after the cataclysm in wich the world has changed) runs from the "Arc de Triomph" to the Louvres.
    Soon I'll post a new picture with the Seine so it will be a little more obvious

Here's the city with the Seine.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cité blanche2.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	521.7 KB 
ID:	68246
    Last edited by - Max -; 10-09-2014 at 09:04 AM.

Ok, now I undoubtedly see Paris