Thread: December 2012 Entry: Zen Garden

Guild Novice

Default December 2012 Entry: Zen Garden

I realize that it is technically not December any more, but there seemed to be a bit of leniency on the deadline due to the holiday season, and this is a map I just finished up a couple of days ago. I came across this challenge and it just seemed a perfect fit, so I thought I'd toss it out here. This is, unfortunately, an actual photograph of the map. It is completely hand drawn, and too big to scan on any scanner I have access to. (It is 11x14).

It is based on the Zen Garden my wife and I maintain in our front yard. Very symbolic, of course. The Sea of Kun is a planter we have, Mathura Jungles is a pair of large yucca plants, Firepit Crater is, well, a firepit. Davana and Vardha are Buddha statues. Hakuda desert is just some of the sand, as is Ronein. The four peaks repesent some of the larger stones in the garden, and the mountain range encircling it represents the stone boundary.

If this is too late to enter, please feel free to delete it or move it as necessary. Thanks!

### LATEST WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of eddeecfh.jpeg 
Views:	496 
Size:	462.4 KB 
ID:	50900  

Nope, as long as the contest threads are still open (as in not locked up for voting) you can still join. The only real rule is that it needs to be a piece you completed in the same time frame as everyone else. As in, you can't have spent the last six months working on something and submit it like it was completed within the roughly 30 days allotted to the contest.

You are right in line with this contest so welcome and thanks for joining in. It's been a pretty light might as far as entries go so I for one appreciate it.

And have some Rep while I'm at it for joining us.

edit: Wow, I have a 21 point Rep whackin stick! Woot!!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Too bad there's no koi pond - sea monsters would have fit in nicely :-). Nice job!

Guild Novice

Jaxilon, thanks for the clarification. Next go around I'll be sure to plan ahead so I can post WIP entries. Thanks for the rep, that's my first!

JBGibson, that is very true! If this wasn't already framed and "complete" I'd probably add something like that to it. I appreciate the comment!