Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lands of Aern - fantasy world map

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I did put a dark outer glow on white labels but it seems that it's easier to see it on the original size. I'll probably increase the opacity of it though. Thanks again

* Updated above* I increased dark outer glow on white labels and made the cities icons a bit more readable (even though reddish colors doesn't really fit on this map after I gave it a try). Thanks Schwarzkreuz for the advices.

Hey absolutely stunning map. Could you share some tips for creating rivers and coast lines with a newb?

Thanks Ukie. Most of the time I use to hand-draw coastlines and then work on them with Photoshop. Try to search in the tutorials sections, I know there's some about it but I can't remember which ones at the moment :/

Guild Member
    Blog Entries

The compass rose is a thing of cosmic beauty.

Why torture this map with that confounded unholy edging that you saddled it with? It is a curse upon this map, a blight, a bane.

The waters are a creature of much mystery. The text is a mixed bag. And what is with that horrid copyright? It could have been blended into the map, but instead, there the white elephant sits in all her fattened glory. Pah!

How do I love that compass rose? Let me count the ways. Where the land, itself, is concerned, she is a plain child. You have veiled her with a barren look. I fear that she weeps, yearning to be set free of this imposed grotesqueness.

To say that it is finished is to nail this map's coffin.

Hmm....My english isn't that good...so in short?

Guild Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Hmm....My english isn't that good...so in short?
    In short, you should revisit it. The compass rose is the visual equivalent of a cartographic masterpiece. The land mass you should spend more time with. Massage it with a bit more text. Breathe some life into it. Overall, it just feels rushed, regardless of how much time that you spent on it.

I'm pretty fine with this map and achieved some feels I have about it. Doing more maps , I sometimes try differents things, sometimes used familiar ones that fits what I have in mind but each new map is a way to improve something in a way or another. I just consider each one as a step in a long journey in my inner world... This one is behind me and I don't think I'll revisit it. maybe some day I'll redo it but it will be another map

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

Your talent is palpable! Well done indeed! Love the colouring!

I love this one...
    Good job.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast