Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lands of Aern - fantasy world map

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Map Lands of Aern - fantasy world map

Here's my last work, the map of the Lands of Aern, a fantasy world that includes 11 different lands: The Kingdom of Ereborn, the Lands of Ephrin's Sons, the Eastern Territories, the Kingdom of Arwan, the Lands of Elrin, Fultar ans Sul-maen, the Great Kingdom of the Talan-Dur's Dwarven Lords, the Red Dukedoms, the Old Empire of Lorn and the Country of Selen.
    This is a global map so it only shows the lands, main areas and main cities labels of the world.

Coastlines were hand drawn then numerized and worked with Photoshop. CGeography, colors and other stuff was made with Photoshop. Original size is 4961x3508 px.

Hope you'll like it. Comments are welcome

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aern.jpg 
Views:	5442 
Size:	4.38 MB 
ID:	50978
    Last edited by - Max -; 01-04-2013 at 07:22 AM.

Max I like the feel of this one with the subdued earth tones and water. Nice font, what is it?

Thanks Vellum

Fonts used here are Clerica (Main lands, areas and seas name), Rosemary roman (cities labels), Metshige (title)

Fantastic! It's reminiscent of some of the Dragon Age maps in my Inspiration Folder. Great work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

That's gorgeous! I cannot find any other word to describe it.

Beautiful Map, Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks guys for the comments and the rep I really had some good times doing it. I'm planning on making some regional maps from this one if I can find that precious time to do it, probably different kind of styles for some lands or towns...I'll probably start with the Kingdom of Ereborn where Sevindel is located (I previously worked on this town here

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

A lot of old maps used red color to hightlight the city icons. They are still very hard to see on your map. I know, modern seeing-habits refuse such clichee colorchoices often but they are important for the usability of the map. Oh and I realy like your handpainted style! Its looking very nice and everything blends in pretty well.

You're right Schwarzkreuz, some city icons are quite hard to see on this map, especially when they located on darker areas. Thanks for the useful criticism I guess I should work on it soon

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

And take a look at the white fonts, they are sometimes lacking contrast, a darker, outer glow layer effect should fix it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast