Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kingdom of Ereborn - fantasy map

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Thanks much guys!

@ Ilanthar : I like cities on this one, I used some symbols from some old Casssini's maps, a french cartographer

@ Vellum : nothing hard about the Ocean : 1 base layer (parchment type), then 1 texture layer (grunge texture) set at 70% opacity, some uses of brushes a bit and brushes again to do the outside of coastlines ( 2 layers with hard light and overlay blending modes set at low and medium opacity)

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That's great work; I like it immensely. I like the contrast on the mountains; helps them pop without overwhelming everything else. Repped!

Thanks for the rep Diamond! It Seems that you got the thing I want to do with those mountains

Magnifique, et l'ambiance est superbe ! Une petite question : ces maps sont reliées à un jeu de rôle ?

Merci beaucoup Arboricopom. Certaines des cartes que je fais sont effectivement liées à des jeux de rôles mais en l'occurence celles-ci ne le sont pas directement...(du moins pas pour l'instant)

I really like the forest on this map. How did you make the forest? I guess those single trees isn't a brush? Did you copy/paste several trees to make a treeline? Did you make the "hand-drawn-pencil-strokes" yourself? Do you use it as a pattern och is it just a brush? Sorry for all the questions, need to know how you did approach this map!
    "That sounds... incredibly complicated, but there's no doubt the result is fantastic." /Diamond

Thanks Obbehobbe. Yep trees are brushes. I put all of them then erase the parts I wanted to remove. And if you mean the hatch things it's some hand drawn brushes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12