Thread: Greetings!

Default Greetings!

Hello all! I stumbled across this site on an image board and upon seeing some of its amazing resources, decided to try and become a member. I've been doing hand-drawn and crudely-done digital fantasy maps for a while for stories, RPs, and now my tabletop games, but I've never gone to the step of trying to make them look something resembling professional.

I'm aiming to make better and better maps as I go on.

Welcome - a good goal - we'll try and sharpen your aim; don't assume the sharpness-transfer will be all one way!

Do you have a style you're trying to emulate, or a particular need at hand? Nothing like some necessity to get you going, and there's oodles of tutorials for your learning pleasure. You say you've done a bit of digital work; is there a tool you're already getting good at, or are you looking to replace an unsatisfactory one?

The tutorial I've started using from here was the Saraden tutorial, but I noticed it doesn't cover certain terrain types (deserts & marshes) and I would like to find a way to do those.

Welcome to the Guild Drakedragon! As to figuring out different terrains, you may want to look at more tutorials for ideas. Check out some of Pasis tutorials for instance, you may find something useful there.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh