Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nob Biranit - Desert Fort (Inspired by "Compact Castles")

Wip Nob Biranit - Desert Fort (Inspired by "Compact Castles")

Following atpollard's recommendation on the "Compact Castle" ebook, I decided to try to recreate one of the Desert forts for my Al-Qadim campaign. (I also highly recommend this book).

This is the ground floor thus far. There are 3 floors all together. I still have to populate the 3 storerooms and will likely play around with the room labels and other miscellaneous what not. Then, I'll start the other 2 floors.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nob Biranit.JPG 
Views:	705 
Size:	802.6 KB 
ID:	50991

Thoughts?
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Guild Artisan

Nice. You have convinced me to purchase that book. It is true that not all castles are huge. Like the format, and texture. The terrain is pulled in nicely along the walls as well.

Looks good to me. Just make sure those stairs have a landing at the top. =P

Ok now ya gotta teach me how to do this, damn you LOL nice job!

Nice work! We have a lot of old coastal forts here in Maine, and a lot of them are small, 3 to 5 rooms like this. Looking forward to seeing the other floors. Can we get it at just a bit higher resolution / larger size? Thanks

AC what are you using to create these PS/Gimp? I'm liking this style, need to try it after I beat my trading village to death!! and to derail the thread Muhaha, Hey Bogie got any photos of those Maine forts?

Nice work anomie - I like this one a lot. The floor has a particularly lovely colour and texture - it just feels right. The walls are very nice but they are a little bit shiny and plasticy (caused by the white layer in your bevel - maybe reduce the opacity of this by c. 20% or so or change the hue to a yellowish colour).

Thanks guys. I made this with CC3...you'd be surprised what the program can do once you get used to it.

Here's an update. I played with the bevel and hue on the wall and I think this should be a bit higher res.

Name:	Nob Biranit.JPG 
Views:	403 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	51026

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Even better! Nice work.

Here's an update...I've finished the 3 floors and starting trying to figure out a way to put the whole thing together in photoshop. Still have to add the room labels, blur the background and courtyard in the upper floors, and tool around with some layer effects...but enough for one night.

Name:	Nob Biranit - Put Together.jpg 
Views:	478 
Size:	3.03 MB 
ID:	51111

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast