Thread: Viking Bay

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Map Viking Bay

Christmas brought me a calendar for 2013 with hi-res satellite images. This inspired me - finally - to do a map in this style.

Done in Wilbur and PS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Viking Bay.png 
Views:	261 
Size:	3.38 MB 
ID:	51045  

Cool idea on the sat images, looks like ya pulled it off. I'm always curious when worlds/regions are created to see if they get areas developed at a larger scale. Does wilbur allow this and are you planning to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Vellum View Post
    Cool idea on the sat images, looks like ya pulled it off. I'm always curious when worlds/regions are created to see if they get areas developed at a larger scale. Does wilbur allow this and are you planning to do this?
    Wilbur can surely create large areas, depending on the original b/w heightmap you open in Wilbur. I just started to use it so I cannot say where this journey will end.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Well seems woth it, nice to see you explore all styles of mapping here. Did you also did some encountermaps in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    Well seems woth it, nice to see you explore all styles of mapping here. Did you also did some encountermaps in the past?
    I make constantly encounter maps. But most are for publishers and can't be posted. I did some for sale for myself, these can be found here for example.