Thread: Kingdom of Varachan

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer

Map Kingdom of Varachan

So, ladies and gentlemen here is my first contribution to this forum.

Setting Information:
    -------------------
    The Kingdom of Varachan is a cursed wasteland with black soil and dead trees. It is believed that in ancient times, three drops of blood fell from the sky. These belonged to Kaball, the God of Death. One of the drops fell here in the land of Varachan. And since one can find only death, pain and suffering here.
    There are a lot of tall, steep mountain ranges as a result of high volcanic activity. Most of them have a dark black color because they were formed from magma.
    There is little to none vegetation, as the soil is a mix of mud and ash, where nothing can grow...except from the Ashen Forest. The forest takes its name from the gray leaves of the trees. It is a dead forest, alive in a strange, evil way.

So, why do people live here? Because the mountains are rich in minerals, gems, silver, etc. There are great mines, that reach deep inside the mountains, which produce all kinds of wealth from the bowels of the earth.

OK! Enough...I just tell you these in order to inform you a little bit about this map, so that you can tell me if it suits the picture I just drew with my words (omg, how poetic...)

Technical Information:
    ---------------------

The map was made in Photoshop CS3 in one afternoon. Of course, it's not completely finished, but I am anxious to get feedback. It may seem a little empty, but there are not a lot of thing left to be done. After all it is the map of a wasteland...

I used these brushes. The background paper was also on the net, but I can't remember where I found it.

Anyway, if you find this interesting then I can try to make a tutorial. If not, I can try harder and make something better...All constructive criticism is welcome.

PS: If you want to know more about Varachan, I will be glad to inform you...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdom_of_varachan_1.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	633.7 KB 
ID:	4125