Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hand drawn regional diversion

Thanks THW I think I may have an idea on modified stipple use, have to try it out on post it note first Let me go back here and check out the Darenko/Reptinse maps. Well the compass rose is history, I erased it LOL, well not truly history I still have the scanned image! I was thinking of something else, but its also up in the air atm.

Messed with this a couple of more hours today, kinda was feeling I needed to finish something up! Looking for comments on how you think this reads with out any color work. Leaving off text atm as I am wafflin over PS paths to try out as I said before. Compass Rose is taking a bit of design change, looking maybe to do a greenman type with the leaves being the compass pointers. This is tiny tho, under an inch in real life LOL, so it will be a challenge to get it right in ink. Left four areas around the edges for legend, map name, notes and maybe a coa. Anything you think might be interesting to add, post up a comment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SF 1-9-2013a.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	393.3 KB 
ID:	51125

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I like the border you add Vellumn looks nice. But I just noticed that for some reason, most of your mountains tend to titling too much to the left... Might be a hell of powerful wind in this area :p

Max the slope thing is something I forget about all the time. I'm a lefty and I draw upside down and backwards, literally most linework is right to left with my hand over the top. I'm truly amazed that the graphite isn't smeared all along the border. Makes for some interesting work! I haven't looked closely but I bet there are parts of the border that do that also. So its not really a strong wind as much as muscle cramps LOL.

Ha that explained the titling thing so! Well nothing really important by the way...

I extend a left-handed salute to you Vellum. We lefties should stick together.

Welp I added the compass rose, didn't turn out as I expected. Also if I'd of given this a tad of forthought I could have lined up the circular border with the compass linework (what are these called?) that extends outward. think it turned out ok, just not what I intended LOL, so much for inkwork!! Need opinions on the water edge linework, ya all think this is bold enough with the double running outline or does it need a heavier pen weight to pop out the water areas and create alittle more definition between land mass and water.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SF 1-10-2013.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	399.1 KB 
ID:	51144

Maybe adding a little shading on the banks could do the trick?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12