Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WIP: [no name] world project

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I think you can change it with editing your first post no?

So, I finally decided to just stick with this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jorden Kontinenter.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	650.0 KB 
ID:	53443
    Nothing much at all, not very neat or anything - but I created it for me and my players to get a basic idea of what the world looks like.
    Now I can get started with the fun stuff, adding detail to specifik areas and such. I'm looking forward to it.

Interesting. A continuous band of land around the planet. The oceans of the north and the oceans of the south are totally cut off from each other. Depending on changes in sea level, sea life in the southern ocean could be totally different from life in the northern ocean. Trade could be substantially different from Earth's. Depending on the terrain, early trading could be entirely land based without a real need for exploratory shipping. Wars might be fought over continental convergences since, without a strong shipping fleet, a blockade there could cut off supplies to an entire continent. Again, depending on the terrain, most of the land could be well populated as it lies mostly in the temperate zones. Good job on the rivers.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

cool idea, though, without me being an expert on climates etc. wouldn't most of the world be jungles and deserts given the position of the landmass? nothing wrong with that, its just in the real-world, old-world cultures emerged in a particular region, latitude and climate. this world will be very different to that... which is cool lots of scope for coming up with interesting stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSteel View Post
    Interesting. A continuous band of land around the planet. The oceans of the north and the oceans of the south are totally cut off from each other. Depending on changes in sea level, sea life in the southern ocean could be totally different from life in the northern ocean. Trade could be substantially different from Earth's. Depending on the terrain, early trading could be entirely land based without a real need for exploratory shipping. Wars might be fought over continental convergences since, without a strong shipping fleet, a blockade there could cut off supplies to an entire continent. Again, depending on the terrain, most of the land could be well populated as it lies mostly in the temperate zones. Good job on the rivers.
    Thank you (behind this simple map is a Wilbur-made height/river-map). After I got to knew what wilbur could do I couldn't let myself not use it.
    And yes, very intriguing - and because the setting never changed there's still huge reptiles around, and the seas (both north and south) should be full of large monstrosities. Sea-travel should be a pretty big no-no, or only for the most brave and daring.

Quote Originally Posted by vorropohaiah View Post
    cool idea, though, without me being an expert on climates etc. wouldn't most of the world be jungles and deserts given the position of the landmass? nothing wrong with that, its just in the real-world, old-world cultures emerged in a particular region, latitude and climate. this world will be very different to that... which is cool lots of scope for coming up with interesting stuff
    It's a mercator-projection of the world and most of the landmass is between 60 degrees north and 15 degrees south. That should be somewhat fertile soil for the growth of "civilization". And because the seas are not really cut off in their horizontal path they should carry enough cold to cool off the landmass even though it's huge (1000 mil = 10 000 km). But I'm not expert either! Haha.

Thanks for your interest in this, I really appreciate you commenting!

That is a nice map that you have started there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123