Thread: how to draw plans to a medieval / rennaisance manor

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Help how to draw plans to a medieval / rennaisance manor

Hello Everyone.

I'm trying to draw a plant of a medieval/renaissance manor.

I've read the tutorials but most of them only explains maps kingdoms, cities or even entire worlds. I have some experience in photoshop, but I have more affinity with CorelDraw (which I believe is very similar to Illustrator and Inkscape). I probably need advice on everything: floors, walls, doors, stairs. Also, I just have rough pen and paper draws of what I want.

I know everyone have much to do here, then if you can point me the guides, I'll do it myself.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi and welcome to the guild. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "plant". Also while Coreldraw is probably a quite nice program (I haven't used it for 15 years so i can't help you there) it's kinda tricky making maps with CorelDraw simply because there are very few maps made mainly with Illustrator or CorelDraw. I have used Illustrator for a recent map (see "The Secret Den") and I know Sapiento have made a recent town map with Illustrator).
    If you wanna try to stick to CorelDraw you might look into maps from Harn - I think there are some sets of symbols (doors, chests, chairs etc) to download (on Cartographers Guild?).