Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Region 1][Map 01] Ash coast

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Some of the names are great (and I love the map), some I'm not so fond of, but hey it's your map.

One thing I've tried to do when naming towns, etc. is to consider the people of the area and their heritage and what kind of language they might speak. If its say a "viking-like" background, maybe you try to lean a bit toward scandanavian-ish sounding names. If its more middle-eastern perhaps you loosely base it on arabic names.

Just some ideas.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    One thing I've tried to do when naming towns, etc. is to consider the people of the area and their heritage and what kind of language they might speak. If its say a "viking-like" background, maybe you try to lean a bit toward scandanavian-ish sounding names. If its more middle-eastern perhaps you loosely base it on arabic names.
    Ur right about the heritage background. Right now I'm trying to put upt he story for the map soIt may help you guys tell me which names to change or upgrade to put on the map.

For now just think about this:

In the beginning, the human nation of ROAM where living in MOAB but htey had to flee once the plague started. Now MOAB is a undead region.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

Wip

Here is an unfinish part of my country story.

Hope you enjoy the treat,
    Alu.
    Last edited by alucard339; 07-06-2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: I've removed the old story.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alucard339 View Post
    Here is an unfinish part of my country story.

Hope you enjoy the treat,
    Alu.
    Not bad...the fertility goddess could be Iridala, and the plague causing deity, Tykhoor, see the WIKI for more inf on these goddesses. They could also have local alias' if you prefer different names.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Love the map - haven't read the doc yet... busy busy as usual. Maps come a long way from the version I have in the thumb tile. I must update those so remind me if I forget !

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Love the map - haven't read the doc yet... busy busy as usual. Maps come a long way from the version I have in the thumb tile. I must update those so remind me if I forget !
    Would you mind throwing a link to that on the wiki when you get time as well? There's a brand new Project Overview page that it'd go perfectly on.

Wip

Here is the part1 (the Roam land) of my country in a pre-finish version.

Read it, and then tell me what you think and what should be change.

If put in a small description of every cities so if someone want to map them he will have an idea on where to start. They are all free game. Also the description is in most case subjective to what I thought at the moment of its creation but can be change.

Also any correction on the text would be welcome, because I'm too tired right now to find any error on the text.

NOTE: name for the ocean would be welcome

Thank you,
    Alu.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by alucard339; 07-06-2008 at 07:37 PM. Reason: the doc text was missing and is now finish too.

Map

Here is the maybe final version of my whole land. I've just finish the undead county of Ash Coast. Tell me what you think about the new color and labeling of the towns. And tell me also If I made some errors of if you got an upgrade sugestion.

The undead story and town description should follow in the next week.

Since no one as post a comment about the human story, I guess its mean that it is good like that.

Thanks,
    Alu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ash coast done.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	3.80 MB 
ID:	5492  

Blog Entries

Fabulous. Gotta be the most colorful map in Ansium and I thought Neons was pretty vivid. I will update Ansium and also create a new region on the world map to contain Roam and make sure that I don't lose that nice bit.

Thanks RR.

The only thing missing would be a compass and a scale bar, but can some one give me the grid size I should use here, cause I can't figure the good one for all our maps.

Sea-U-Hall A-Round a dead Table,
    Alu.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast