Thread: I would like to hire someone to create a map for our online game Chaor

Default I would like to hire someone to create a map for our online game Chaor

Hi all,

I'm Paul, CEO of an european based game developement company. I would like to hire a professional map creator, to create maps for our upcoming dark-atmosphere fantasy online game Chaor. (Chaor |)

Do you have any suggestions how to find someone for this work?

Thanks, Paul
    palmuranyi@seo.hu

Blog Entries

Moved this to the map making requests forum, please read the sticky at the top about making requests.

This looks like an interesting mmorpg. So what kind of map are you looking for. Do you have any examples of the kind of map that is close in style to what you need. Also, for an mmorpg, how big would it have to be ?

Thanks for your help. I've read the sticky post
    [I have to apologise for my language, I'm not native english speaker]

1. It is definitely a [Paid] request.

Subject

[A brief verbal description e.g. - This will be a world map of three continents on an earthsized planet or this will be a map of a large coastal city]

- This should be a world map with 3-4 continents, a central ocean, and an archipelago (a bunch of islands) where the game will happen. I will send a draft map of the world.

The scale of the map will be approximately X miles to the inch.

I can not tell this. I need a 5-8 Megapixel size map about this world, that is 5000x5000 about miles. There are no exact measures.

Style

[I am looking for a map in the following style - insert hyperlink of style of map required.]

Picture 3 of 5 from Max's maps

I also really like he style of this one I found in Google : http://fantasy-maps.com/wp-content/g..._t7_teaser.jpg

Quality & Size

[Professional / semi professional]

- Professional

[Required for print / web]

- Web. We'll use this map in the introducion video of the game

[Dimensions of map: x inches by y inches (or pixels)]

- ~2000*3000 pixels

[Raster / Vector]

Time Constraints

What time limits (if any) are you working to?

- 1-2 weeks depends on. It is not really urgent, but I would like to use the map in the kickstarter campaign, starts at 10th February.

Copyright

Actually I have no idea of copyright matters. I would like to legally use the map in Chaor game, chaor.com website, and in any content related to Chaor game.

Contact Details

Paul Muranyi
    palmuranyi@seo.hu

Your second map was done by one of our members Djekspek, pit-war-zurkor teaser just so you know, in case you wish to approach him privately.

I'm sure you will get some good response on this. I know I would put my hat in the ring but I'm already tied up with existing work.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Actually I can not PM until I'll have 5 posts

I really like Djekspek's works, maybe you could suggest him to contact me if he is interested in this work ?

Thanks, Paul

Blog Entries

This is Djeks website. On the right is his email for contacting commissions directly. Let us know if you take him on or that the commission is taken and then this thread can be marked as such.

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hi ggot,

I am interested in this topic (if you does not contacted Djekspek yet). Could we talk about this by email?

Bye,

I also want to know some details..
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."-Confucius
    Old map and Historic map

Thanks all for the informations. Actually I got such high prices for first that the game's budget could not contain.

So we decided here to create the map by ourselves. We created this one : http://chaor.com/chaor_map_detailed.jpg

We are quite satisfied with it. (it is basically needed in the game intro video, for a few seconds) What do you think ?

I'm really interested in the opinion of experienced cartographers. Is this maap acceptable for a low budget online game, or should we buy a more professional map?

You will get more feedback and help in something like the "Regional Maps" threads since those areas are for posting WIPs and designed for feedback but it looks good so far.

Not knowing the purpose it is hard to say for sure but if it's just a splash screen for a few seconds as the game loads or something you may not need much more.

That said, If you are going to have exceptional artwork within the game it would be a shame to stint on the openning screens which are what will give folks their first impression. You want to have some sort of uniformity I would think and so long as it's not going to look bad compared with the other art in your game you should be great.

Also, if you want more added to your map but are not sure how check out our Tutorial section for ways you might proceed.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt