Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** June Challenge - Build Something for the CWBP ***

Guild Journeyer

I'd like to try my hand at a slighted castle, done partially in 3d and partially in photoshop (as my May entry was) - any suggestions?

Guild Journeyer

I think I might claim Irontown in the The Beastlands, if no one else has already. Still reading up on the region, but I'm somewhat picturing a mostly lightly fortified large town/small city, with several secured districts, and open to the river. Maybe even a few smaller rivers reworked into canals to move logs and ore into the smelter/smithing halls.

Toff! Stop asking questions and pick a location to map already!
    I know. I gotta get my magazine out; behind schedule as usual. If I have any time left in the month ... meh ... I really want to get in on one of these contests!

was there a link to the wiki?

did i miss it

Guild Journeyer

Post Fenridge Castle

Fenridge Castle has caught my eye, if it has not been taken.

It would have a large garrison but not excessive to patrol the roads and hold the castle against surprise. 50 cavalry (on horses?) plus a substantial wyvern roost. It would command the high ground and the road, with wide patrols connected by wyvern messengers, and a few elite wyverns that do sweeps on their own?

What sort of civilian housing do you envison Redrobes? Do you have a castle style already in mind for the region?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by meleeguy View Post
    Fenridge Castle has caught my eye, if it has not been taken.

It would have a large garrison but not excessive to patrol the roads and hold the castle against surprise. 50 cavalry (on horses?) plus a substantial wyvern roost. It would command the high ground and the road, with wide patrols connected by wyvern messengers, and a few elite wyverns that do sweeps on their own?

What sort of civilian housing do you envison Redrobes? Do you have a castle style already in mind for the region?
    I don't have a style in mind, only that it has to be a big castle so I guess stone. Its one of the three big'uns along with Thrub and Morton. This would be excellent to map as Helium might do Hardy Island and RobA has said that he has some plans to put some kind of canal / lock system into the Roeborder Ridge area to try to link the sea with the inner lake. So maybe ill do Crazy Krulls path + the Hardy Point and Hawker Point which are not really inhabited anyway then that whole area has a bit of life to it.

I don't think there are many horses in Thrubmorton but for those that are in the region I think that this place would have them. So a cavalry would be a great spectacle. I suspect that the main ridge road would be pretty big and dry enough to ride on. They might have some additional & more exotic mounts for wading through marshy land. Cant think what, but there has to be something...

I expect that Thrub Castle has a cavalry too but Morton probably not. Its very probable that groups from Thrub and Fenridge shuttle between the two to protect the road. I can imagine that theres a path up Nortonspire for horses - its steep there but not impossibly so. That whole road is the main merchant run and its straddled either side by bad lands.

Edit -- The messenger wyverns are of a special type (Thrubmorton lesser wyverns) & quite small - about the size of a large dog. But I could imagine that full sized version could be used. You might have to have a special tower or something away from the town though. Can you imagine living next to them every day ? You could have wyvern riders like the Nazgul but (slightly) less scary. I reckon the town needs to be well protected too - another wall or palisade or something like that.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 06-06-2008 at 06:40 PM.

Post Dropping out...

Sorry guys, looks like I'll have to drop out of this month's challenge - no time.

I just received a huge mapping commission - continent map, 12 regional maps, imperial capital map (200K residents), the first of twenty or so city maps (20K residents), continental area Underdark maps, a half dozen "sites of interest maps" ruins, etc., plus one tactical scale battlemap a week for the next year. He desires a series of illustrations and 3D landscape scenes - so my plate is very full, as my pocketbook!

Although the client is an invidividual GM for VT game, he plans to write a novel series and wishes to include maps as well.

I still want to create the Town of Darkovia in Qashya Mal, but it looks like it will be outside the challenge time period.

Sorry again! Good luck everyone else!
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow! Congrats for the big comish! Make sure you get permission to posts WIPS and Finals here.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

That's awesome GP! Don't forget about us when you become famous.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast