Hi all, I've been looking for threads regarding typography, though haven't really been able to find that much. Perhaps you can help me

I have a couple of queries, mostly regarding font and font families and styles. Of course it makes sense to stick to the same font family on a particular map, though within the font family, is there a formal standard to follow? for instance, is there a standard that all mountain font need to be heavy type, or underlined? since most of us are dealing with fantasy maps, I'm sure it doesn't matter though if there is such a standard I'd like to get more information about this. Also, are there certain font types (like serif or sans serif) that are not recommended for cartography? I'd imagine sans serif, though you never know...

Another problem I have (as in one thing that I'm consistently unhappy with and that people seem to point out) is filling areas with typography: as in, I have a mountain range and want to stretch the text to fill the entire range. On most maps (contemporary atlases) I've seen this is done by increasing the the size of spaces between the letters, though that, coupled with the text being rounded to conform with the shape of the mountain range doesn't look that nice. Any suggestions?