Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: January 2013 Entry: The ruins of Ningan/orc worg-lord village

You're welcome. Feel free to PM me or direct me to your WiP thread if you need some help. I'll do what I can.

Thanks for the tips, all. I'll see what I can do about making the overlay look better.
    M

BTW, does anyone have any suggestions for the map itself? I'll probably put in a little more work before I call it done, since the deadline is still a week away.
    M

I think this is great but I think it would pop even more if you had more variety to the landscape.

It looks like it's on a rather flat area and for me it makes it a bit too, uniform maybe? I don't know if you have thought about using shadows to create depressions and elevations but if the walled area where somehow raised a bit and the surrounding areas were depressed it might add a little extra dynamism to this. That's my thought to make it shine more anyway. It's still great the way it is but I see some fierce competition coming this month.

You are like me in that I can't quit tweaking until the very end. After a while I start feeling like a dog chasing my tail, LOL.

You know they say a piece of art is finished when you take it away from the artist? I think I have to agree with that.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

You're right about that. I did think about messing with some terrain undulation. It's in a pretty flat part of the world, to be sure, but there could certainly be some variation. I'll look into it. Thanks!
    M

I suck at borders, but this one needs a story so I added one anyway. I may or may not work on varying the terrain a bit...but I have a commission calling my name so I may have to mark this one done.

Edit: Decided to go ahead and do that. I think it looks better. Replaced the image with that change and at 100% resolution. This is my final answer!

### Winner ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ningan.jpg 
Views:	644 
Size:	3.96 MB 
ID:	51599  
    Last edited by ChickPea; 08-26-2018 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Added Winner tag

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Nice improvment since the last update. The border is fine to me and the engraving is beautiful. Nice job!

Yeah, what Max said.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123