Thread: *** Jan/Feb Lite Challenge: Map A Journey ***

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Default *** Jan/Feb Lite Challenge: Map A Journey ***

Many stories are based around a journey: Odysseus' desperate attempt to return home, Hannibal's travels across the Alps with elephants or Bilbo's classic There and Back Again.

This month's challenge is to map a journey. This can be a classic A->B quest story, avoiding dragons and thieving hobbits, or an attempt to make the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs. The choice is yours!

To enter - start a new thread in this forum with the title "Jan/Feb lite challenge entry - <your title here>". Make sure you precede any thumbnail of an uploaded WIP with the tag ### Latest WIP ###

The Challenge will run from today until the 12th of February when we'll have some voting. The winner will get a silver compass and bragging rights! Good luck.
    Last edited by torstan; 01-15-2013 at 05:30 PM.

I'd actually like to see somebody map the Kessel Run. Is it about time? Distance? Lucas' lack of an encyclopedia?

Cool theme this month. Good luck to the entrants!
    M

Guild Adept Facebook Connected timallen's Avatar

The Kessel Run was one of the most heavily used smuggling routes in the Galactic Empire. Han Solo claimed that his Millennium Falcon "made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs". A parsec was a unit of distance, not time. Solo was not referring directly to his ship's speed when he made this claim. Instead, he was referring to the shorter route he was able to travel by skirting the nearby Maw black hole cluster, thus making the run in under the standard distance.

...at least according to Wookieepidia.

I'd like to see that too!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

such a shame i didn't spot this one earlier. this is just something i'd love to do though im going to be out of the country until the 11th... unless i manage something great in 1 day, i doubt ill be able to enter, though i'll try anyway!

best of luck to the entrants!

Please note - this challenge will be closing tomorrow for voting. Make sure you get your final entries in!

The challenge is now closed. I'll get a voting thread up later today.