Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: January 2013 Entry: Space Elevator City

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

wow - you're a real artist. I wish I could do that. Awesome work there Pryme. I didn't see any more of your artwork in your profile portfolio. Do you have a blog or something online - i would love to see more of your work.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Pryme8's Avatar

you can add me on facebook if you like! Andrew Butt, on there you can see updates to Legends of Gateworld, which is my main programing/art project right now!

Im the picture with the shrunken head!

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ruinsstage4.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	2.91 MB 
ID:	51305

I am running out of time to get to work on this... sucks >_< ill see how much I can get done, I want to really work on the lines some more, and add lotsmore detail, then fix a lot of the paint and textures, but yea you know times is money and I need it right now with the baby on the way!
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 01-18-2013 at 11:41 PM.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	ruinsstage5.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	51314

I got to work on it for about a hour before going to work... might get to work on it more tonight, but I doubt it...
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 01-18-2013 at 11:40 PM.

Looking really good. Keep up the excellent work we love it.

I adjusted your Latest WIP tags since you had them all capitalized and were missing spaces before and after the letters. FYI, the only point of the ### Latest WIP followed by another ### is to allow the thumbnail scraper to add your latest image to the Challenge Thumbnails. These will be used at the end for voting purposes. The scraper will only work if the tags are exactly right.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Man has left this world for the stars, unfortunately he did not anticipate the tension that the space elevators would create on the strata of the earth. This has resulted in the tectonic plates forcefully relocating themselves, do to the extreme amounts of centrifugal force applied. This ripped all of the contents to pieces... It is on you to get through all the ruins and hopefully join man above the atmosphere where it is "safe". After passing through a Hospital, a junk heap, a desert, a broken down bridge, a destroyed highway system, and giant pileup of cars, an abandoned suburb, a hike up the highest skyscraper and down through the rubble of a city then across the resource lines to the space elevator you can ascend to the stars.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	wip.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	51660

I had to rush this and am actually not happy with the end result do to my lame laptop, losing three days worth of work... really made me angry so I just rushed this out to get it done with, I hope in the future I can apply more time to something like this and not feel rushed... but I guess all in all I like the outcome and the idea that came with it... I am kinda tossing up the idea of making a contra like game with HTML5 canvas elements to actually put this map and one or two others of its style to use.

thanks for the opinions and the votes if any I may receive.

It does me sorry for that unsatisfying course of your project.
    Despite this it looks very promising.
    Why was your laptop so lame? Was the file too big?

I'm curious about those green spaces. Is that a game board to move playing pieces across?

... and I wish you and your wife all the best with your baby.
    Last edited by Freehand 5.5; 01-29-2013 at 02:52 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12