Thread: Author in need of fantasy map

Post Author in need of fantasy map

Hi everyone,
    I am a self-published novelist with four books currently available and more on the way. Among my published novels is 2/3 of an epic fantasy trilogy (book 3 will be released the end of this month) and the only complaint I've had about the books so far is the lack of a map. I have a hand-drawn rough idea, but I lack the skills to translate this to a digital form (and the artistic ability to consider doing so), so I am here seeking help.

My hand-drawn map (available on request to interested parties so I don't embarrass myself in front of a bunch of cartographers) will be used as a guide, with a few landmarks that are necessities, and scale determined by details I provide from the story (e.g. - how long it took by horse from point a to point b). In other words, it will be somewhat open to your imagination.

The map will be greyscale and I'm open to looking at your style. The most important part is that this will be used primarily in ebook (but also print books), so the format needs to be compatible (.png or .jpeg).

Fee is negotiable and I am planning more epic fantasies, some based in the same world, so will need more maps down the line. I like to work with the same people for my projects (I have the same cover guy for all 5 of my books and the same editor for 4). Each book of the series is currently selling around 500/month and the map will be used in all three books as well as a collected edition. "Map created by" will be included in all editions of the book (electronic and print), so it will be decent expsoure (and I'd be happy to have your contact info/link included as well, if you like).

Ideally, I'd like to have something ready to go for the new book, but I realize it is a short time frame, so it is not make-or-break as I can always update with new material. I'd rather have the right map done well and wait than rush something to press.

I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.

If this sounds like a project you might be intersted in, please contact me with links to examples of your work at bruceblake(at)hotmail(dot)ca

To find out about my work, check me out here: Amazon.com: Bruce Blake: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle

Thanks for taking the time!
    Bruce Blake
    Last edited by RobA; 01-23-2013 at 10:05 AM.

This request has been taken. Thank you.