Thread: I'm calling it finished.

Map I'm calling it finished.

But if you have any feedback I'd love to hear it. my next project is to go back to my old maps and including compasses, indexes, boarders, and even try my hand at colors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan-001.jpg 
Views:	637 
Size:	6.06 MB 
ID:	100145  

It's a nice layout, but I'm a little confused as to what those lines are surrounding the land masses. Are they meant to be waves? But then they don't look like the other waves you've drawn. Also, I think a bit of cross hatching or some other form of shading to provide depth to the map would really help to make it feel more complete.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    It's a nice layout, but I'm a little confused as to what those lines are surrounding the land masses. Are they meant to be waves? But then they don't look like the other waves you've drawn. Also, I think a bit of cross hatching or some other form of shading to provide depth to the map would really help to make it feel more complete.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    The horizontal lines are waves. The boarder around the continents also indicates the ocean. I could try a different wave style. What kind of hashing would you recommend?

Guild Novice

Wonderful map! I think my favorite part has to be the middle mountain range, and the whole map has that classic hand-drawn feel! I have to agree that the horizontal waves clash a little with the water border-lines around the landmass, but I think that by focusing on one or the other would clear that problem up. All in all, great job!

I like it! I especially like your mountains
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks great, I like the mountains and forests but as arsheesh mentioned I also got confused by the double lines around the landmasses.. you could perhaps break up the outer line here and there to make it more "wavy"?
    South of the mountain chain you have the rivers part around a lake? (if so, rivers don't part) .. or perhaps its a lake with an island inside? .. either way I'm confused.. the same goes for the one on the western part of the map. And as also mentioned, a bit of shadowing could be nice as well But all and all a lovely map, good work
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Oh the southern lake, yeah that whole shape that your seeing as the river splitting is two rivers filling into a lake. The part where your seeing an island is where I tried making the coast parallel lines with the horizontal waves. I see where it’s confusing.

Guild Member

really cool map