Thread: Looking for a Map of my Elemental Storm World

Guild Apprentice

Default Looking for a Map of my Elemental Storm World

After lurking around, trying a few totally unsuccessful maps and a hard drive crash I have decide to commission a map.

Genesis of the World

The idea of this world is how would I do a MMORPG. I decide a good one needs four things:
    1. History
    2. 2 clearly opposing forces
    3. Good PVE action
    4. an Economic backbone

The balancing of 3 and 4 would be the key.

In order build a history, a map would be of great help, hence this request.

Status of the World

Region 1

Region one is the “good” guys and consists of four cities and a number of smaller towns and hamlets.
    1. A Port city on the coast
    2. A Farm city in the head of the river
    3. A Mining city in the Mountains
    4. A Wizards City centrally locates to unite the others, see map. http://www.cartographersguild.com/to...ards-city.html However I am not sure of the orientation of the city map (north might not be north, the dam and lake might need to be on the other side of the city).
    Region one is based on a fertile and navigable river system uniting the four cities. Although the tributary leading to the Mine city from the Wizards City did require improvements.

Region 2

Region two is the “bad” guys and should consist of one major imperial city.
    The size and influence of the region should be able to compete with region 1.

Region 3

Region three is a large desert populated by semi-nomadic tribes.
    It has a large and magical cave system at its heart.

Other Smaller Regions

Enchanted Forest (white tip forest run by the head elf priestess)
    Varies Islands
    Regions added by the artist
    The Battle Ground (site of an epic battle between 1 and 2) possible located on the fringe of 3

There be Dragons

High country through out the world is dominated by great dragons. Foot hills have smaller dragons which are an important resource, think oil in our modern world.

The Map

Scale and style of the map is up to the artist. Should be appropriate to mapping a continental sized area. Labeling of cities and regions is not necessary, since I don't have names. However the artist is welcome to create names.

Time

Since deadlines serve to focus the mind, even though this is unpaid, I would like the commission to be completed within a month of being taken.

edit: Please feel free to suggest an alternative but relatively firm deadline.

Copyright

The Map will be used by me to help flesh out my world, as such I will need the rights to reproduce the map for my personal use, and non-commercial distribution to any collaborators I might find.
    The artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.
    Since I might one day(when I win the Lottery) develop this into a commercial venture, the artist will state a price for the full copyright. To be paid when and if this becomes a commercial venture.

Please contact me through private message on the board.
    Last edited by Sathurn; 01-17-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Sounds like a massive effort to map out. You might consider moving up your deadline or invest some money. But I may be wrong.

Troedel I think you are right...!!!
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."-Confucius
    Old map and Historic map

Guild Apprentice

After reading my post in light of your comments I can see where your coming from. However I am not looking for three well develop regional maps I looking for a larger map that show the relationship between the regions.

The time frame, of one month, was totally arbitrary and might need to be adjusted.

Unfortunately my cash flow situation means no money can be expected.

Guild Apprentice

Bump,

I was really hoping, someone would help me out. I have tried to make continental maps and been totally unsatisfied with my results.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I think Troedel was right. Without any retribution it will probably be hard for you to find someone that will work on a large world map. Just my two cents. Good luck by the way