Thread: Requious WIP

Wip Requious WIP

Requious WIP- A fantasy world I started a long time ago. I talked about it in my intro, about how I lost my original. I FOUND IT. Now that's out of the way, Lets get the map out and start tearing it apart. I know the rivers are wrong, I didn't have this place then, and had no Idea what I was doing. Here it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XU329.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	632.2 KB 
ID:	51224   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	World 001.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	929.3 KB 
ID:	51247  
    Last edited by Majere_Draven; 01-14-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Do I need to shrink the File? Is it hard to see? I did it all by hand And didn't want to loose any detail while scanning. This is actually a resize from the original 13000x10200 px image. Just let me know If It needs to be shrunken more.

It's fine at this size. You can post anything up to around 4 or 5 megabytes....I can't remember. Of course, if you put mondo files up like that some folks won't take the time to let them load if they are on a smaller bandwidth but that's the limits.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Maximum size upload is 4,77 mb.

Uhm the second one should be easier to look at- Smaller. I'm going to remake it in CC3 I believe.

I really like the layout of this, it's a very good starting point. I, for one, would rather see it done in photoshop (or other, similar software) than in in CC3 - largely because I think going for the hand-drawn, antique look would serve this particular map really well. Either way though, it looks good!

Thank you! after Hours in CC3 I made the came to the exact same conclusion.. I suck at CC3 lmao. I can't wait to give this a professional edge. Is there anything Major I need to change about it?
    Last edited by Majere_Draven; 01-20-2013 at 03:15 AM.

I would recommend smoothing out (or roughing up) that flat edge on the nw section - it looks a bit odd. Aside from that, just make sure to use something (compass rose/legend/doodles) to fill in the empty space when you are done - but that's a bit down the road, I guess.

ahh! I ran out of Room on that side and finished on the other side, same with the top of the map I finished it on the other part where it would line up on the other hemisphere. that won't happen in the end result. I'll Have a bigger canvas ;p