Thread: Tomb of Shaddad (Al-Qadim Encounter)

Default Tomb of Shaddad (Al-Qadim Encounter)

Hey all...This is a reproduction of a map for the Al-Qadim adventure/encounter “The Genie’s Terror” from the City of Bones sourcebook. The basic story is that the PCs are walking along a wadi (dry desert river basin) when a storm comes (sudden storms in the desert often lead to flash floods which temporarily fill the wadis). The storm has washed away some mud in a nearby cliff face to expose a set of steps descending into the earth. They will soon discover that this is the tomb of a powerful Shi’ar and a dozen shadows.

Its a pretty basic map, but should hopefully make for a fun encounter to break up the monotony of trudging through the desert. Overall I'm pretty happy with it, but not entirely sold on the mud texture I used for the wadi (far left) and inside the tomb...I guess I was hoping for it to look a little more "wet"... as always, criticisms and suggestions are welcomed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tomb of Shaddad - 4mb.jpg 
Views:	1338 
Size:	3.37 MB 
ID:	51321

Made with CC3 and utilizes textures from CGtextures.com and objects from the Dunjinni Forums.

full resolution version can be seen here... (Tomb of Shaddad | Drunken Nerdery)
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Nice work anomiecoalition, Nice quick encounter map.

There's something really nice about these maps anomie. I really like them.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar

Post here the last version. With the sword it became perfect!

Thanks guys...yeah, forgot to post the small updates I made to this....this one has revised textures on the water/mud areas.

Name:	Tomb of Shaddad_v2 - 4mb.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	3.17 MB 
ID:	51615

and in this one I added a sword (snagged from the Dunjinni Forums) as per Mateus's suggestion on the Profantasy forums.

Name:	Tomb of Shaddad_v3 - 4mb.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	3.40 MB 
ID:	51616
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.