Thread: The Cerulean Confederacy

Wip The Cerulean Confederacy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Confederacy.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	52389Hi everyone,

Long time lurker first time poster. I've decided to post a map that I started some time ago in the hope that some constructive feedback might motivate me to improve and finish it. This is my first map and as you can tell it's far from finished, but I'm interested in getting some thoughts from more experienced cartographers.

The parchment is just an image I found online. The continent is a portion of a hand drawn map that I drew and scanned over 7 years ago. The mountains and trees are just MS paint work that I turned into brushes in GIMP. I don't really have any technical expertise in terms of map making software, I've mostly just fiddled with settings and filters until something good happened....which wasn't often . Anyway, thanks for any thoughts.

Cheers,
    Aurian

Welcome.

Most of your rivers check out, except the one in the south east: the lake is draining out in two place.

The mountain brushes are a bit blurry, and the forest brushes are a bit sharp, but that isn't noticeable if you scale the image down.

Otherwise this is a good first map.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Naeddyr already pointed out the brushes issues: blurry mountains and sharp forests. There's also some rivers issues you might want to fix. Overall, respectable first map.

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

In addition to those said by Naeddyr and Max I would rid off the black parchment corners.