Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: June 2008 Entry: Stormlit Cloister (Groam)

Fancy that! I had a look online and saw some 'pilgrimage' badges and the hand and key crest looks like it could pass for one (the real badges are quite heraldic). Thanks Valarian, I had no idea about this little detail of history.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

This map = win.

Also... I love the background story. Is that your contribution or was it something that came with the description of the area?
    Last edited by Karro; 06-18-2008 at 10:16 AM.

Thanks Karro! There are some magnificent maps in this month's challenge - Fort Lost is a really good entry and there are others which are still being done which I think will be real winners when they are completed. The real winner will be the CBWP which will have a whole set of new maps, which is what I really like about this month's challenge - every map will have a use.

I made up the background story loosely based on what Torq had written about Groam - glad you liked it!

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Thanks Karro! There are some magnificent maps in this month's challenge - Fort Lost is a really good entry and there are others which are still being done which I think will be real winners when they are completed. The real winner will be the CBWP which will have a whole set of new maps, which is what I really like about this month's challenge - every map will have a use.

I made up the background story loosely based on what Torq had written about Groam - glad you liked it!
    Yeah, I saw Fort Lost, too, and it's also great. I think the story really gives a sense of urgency to this place, that sense that we're on the edge of something important and dangerous...

You added a dovecote.

[rlucci wipes a tear from the corner of his eye]

I love dovecotes.

[sniff]

Hate to say this, rlucci, but from what I read, they were introduced to provide the monks with some meat to eat (pigeon).....but in this monastery they're messenger pigeons!

Daaaaammmmnnn. *applause*

Well, I am more than a little late on this, but I must say this is an amazing map. Just goes to show that digging through the archives here can uncover some real gems! Rep for you, Revells!

Arise o forum post from necropolis of threads long expired!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast