Thread: the City-Kingdoms of the Hareshk

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Wip the City-Kingdoms of the Hareshk

Hey all this is a WIP of a quickish (for me) map I'm working on at the moment. As always, the map is based in my Conworld of Elyden, though' I'm trying out a slightly different style to that which I normally do. I spent some time in particular on the typography, as it's an area I'm hoping to improve in (sea text will receive a faint border to counter the wave-lines). I settled on two clear fonts and restricted tracking to geographical features, like mountains and seas, only.

The Hareshk is a dichotomous place, its idyllic terrain and beautiful hills and grasslands forming a stark contrast to the politicking of its regions and their rulers; kings and queens and their countless lords and advisors. The place is somewhat antiquated, still holding onto traditions that the world's major power, the Korachani empire, considers to be antiquated, such as knightly traditions and feudalism. the region is renowned for its myriad flags and heraldic devices and the angelic motifs that fill its art and religion.

It's still heavily WIP, and i still need to add the hand-drawn features (cartouche in the upper left and mountains, forests,regional banners/shield designs etc). though I'll keep the thread updated with progress, of course. I'm particularly looking forward to the various shields and heraldic devices of the various regions: something I've been wanting to try for a long time now.

C&C welcome, as always.
    EDIT: the scale-bar shows a total of 300-miles

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the hareshk2.jpg 
Views:	1024 
Size:	3.96 MB 
ID:	51403
    Last edited by vorropohaiah; 01-20-2013 at 08:20 AM.