Thread: CWBP Wiki is back online under new host.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default CWBP Wiki is back online under new host.

I just re-enabled the CWBP Wiki Page. There may be some delays for some users as dns propagates.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Anything we can do about the spam pages that seem to be filling up our wiki?

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected 12rounds's Avatar

Arcana, please disable free word searching and "random page" link until the spam is sorted out.

I'm note sure how to disable searching. I did remove the random page link, and wasted an hour of my life deleting articles and blocking users. Did I mention I hate managing wikis?

-Rob A>

If I could rep you,I would. But I can't, so you'll just have to accept my heartfelt thanks and appreciation.

Thanks.

-IG

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Don't worry IG, I rep-thwacked him for you (and the rest of us)
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

nija12s

This is my first visit to this forum. I have a question which is related to cartography. A friend of mine told me that Google earth is banned in a number of countries like India because terrorists are using them. Can anybody let me know how the terrorists are using it to suit their needs?

Blog Entries

You could access it via a private network or a proxy so there isnt so much thing as a ban by country no matter what they say. Google also photo only the things which are available elsewhere. Their street view is only from public places and the satellite stuff is common to many people. So if they use it, it is from mere convenience - it is not an enabling tool.

It is "Security Theatre." Rather like the TSA here in the US or all of our little wars. Some governments figure if they make things inconvenient enough you'll think they're really protecting you from the scary terrorists. It's 'cause actual useful police work is so quiet and lacking in publically-visible, "glory."

Require an account here to be able to post on the wiki sounds like the best way to get rid of spam to me.
    And our time is flyin', see the candle burnin' low
    Is the new world rising, from the shambles of the old
    ~The Rover - Led Zeppelin