Thread: New member, ahoy!

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default New member, ahoy!

Hello to all, I'm new here (on this page), been a mapping enthusiast for about 10 years now, currently leading two pathfinder campaigns. I came here (by accident) looking for some new maps and got hooked instantly, wonderful work!

Hope I can contribute to the comunity!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Welcome to the guild luc, we hope to see some of yours maps soon.

Yeah, welcome Luc.

We really like to see some of your maps.
    Do you want to tell us, how you work?

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Hi, I'm currently still drawing most of the stuff by hand, I only have this one small group (4 players + me) and even though we are lucky to be able to meet 2+ times per week, I still manage to somehow get it all together. The main reason I joined was just the sheer amount of epic talent here, I mean most of the maps posted (90%+) are very very very lovely work - and from there I lurk and learn

I also bought CC3 about a week ago and am slowly wading through the youtube tutorials. So yeah, I'll try to get some of my work up, but am mostly her to learn and /bow

Hi Luc,

Have been trying to decide where to start with mapping software. I am on the verge of buying CC3. I actually have most of the adobe products, but I can't seem to break through generating anything worthwhile. I look forward to your CC3 stuff.

First, welcome LucLucLuc!

Second, ixeldreth, you should start a WIP (work-in-progress) thread with a map you'd like to develop. There are tons of Photoshop users here (myself included), and even a few Illustrator users (myself included). Even if what you start with is utter drek, the criticism and advice you'll receive will help you get something nice looking very quickly. Have you tried any of the tutorials yet? Ascension's satellite style is a popular choice for PS mappers.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Welcome to the Guild Luclucluc! I second Midgardsormr's comment.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh