Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A (New) Gensokyo Map

The Gensokyo map was always a personal inspiration for me, to see it done again is gonna be awesome!

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Well I started colouring it. It is slow going. I decided to leave Moriya Shrine where it is. It's still "on the mountain" if a bit far down.

It's slow going. I'll probably make some huge colour adjustments at the end.

This is 75% if actual size.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newgensokyocoly.jpg 
Views:	3945 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	52452  

Looks very nice. I'm not sure about the clouds (?) at the bottom though. It's probably because, everything being so green, they don't merge with the rest of the image, which makes them look out of place. Is it too late to change them? If not, maybe you could make them thinner and wispier as they get further away. Other than that, I'm really liking the style you've used. Is there a backstory to this location?

The clouds will be getting a little more treatment with a sort of mist effect (so I intend!).

There is a lot of backstory to this but it's not my world! This is basically fanart. There's no official canon map so this is my own version of it.

Sorry to bring this back up, but I can't PM you since I just created the account. Did you ever get this map finished? I'm asking because the community I'm with is using the older version of it to create Gensokyo in Minecraft.

Thanks.

Larb: I really hope to see this map finished! No doubt it will be beautiful

soo any updates on this?

Nope. =P

I'm working on my NaNoWriMo novel and some associated maps currently but I might come back to this one soon. ish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12