Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: random world

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    P.S: The new font is a bit big, albeit cool, and I was wondering if one could alternate between the old and the new ones.
    i've moved font selection into its own drop-down. several options at the moment, i'll have to go through my collection and see what i can use when i have more time.
    >>< drow ><<

Hey Drow, I've been trying to use the fantasy map generator at donjon.bin.sh but I keep getting this error when it's generating:
    Illegal division by zero at /home/drow/Sites/donjon/lib/world/image.pl line 94, line 20.
    Do you know of a work around?

theodinspire: I never had that issue there...

Thanks for the font selection, drow! Although I think you didn't include the original one.

Also, remember my question about matching the sci-fi world generator's seed to the fantasy world generator's? I now ask the same thing about the system generator.

I create a world in the fantasy map generator, then use its seed in the sci-fi world generator; as per your saying, 25000 iterations in the latter make them match perfectly, but is a match also possible when a world is created in a random system?

I tried taking the seed from the world's page address ("donjon.bin.sh/scifi/world/?palette=Atlas&cmd=Create&name=Teme&pct_water=12&p ct_ice=23&seed=134345551&motif=SciFi") in a random system with a terrestrial planet and use it in the other two generators, but it didn't produce the same result. I also tried adding "iterations=25000", but either it's not the right command, or it has no effect.

Great work as always, by the way.

Nevermiiiiiiind!

Found it. The correct syntax is iter=25000.

Kudos, drow.

One thing, though, since the distortion of the projection makes the use of hexagons problematic, why not provide an icosahedral option? A Travelleresque map style would fit the use of hexagons perfectly. If possible, with adjustable hex size, but it's not vital.
    Last edited by Draven; 01-18-2014 at 06:17 PM.

that's something i'd like to do, but haven't had time to take a proper whack at it yet.
    >>< drow ><<

Hi drow,

I tried your Fantasy World Generator about 2 weeks ago and I really liked the results. But then I tried showing it to a friend of mine and we get an error every time now. It's been like that for 2 weeks and I've been trying to find a way to contact you ever since. That is how I came upon this site.

The error we get is this:
    Can't locate world/toolkit.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /home/drow/Sites/donjon/lib/common /home/drow/Sites/donjon/lib /home/drow/lib/perl /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.10.0 /usr/local/lib/perl5 /Library/Perl/Updates/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/Updates/5.10.0 /System/Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/5.10.0 /Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.10.0 /Network/Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Network/Library/Perl/5.10.0 /Network/Library/Perl /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.10.0 .) at index.cgi line 12.

I don't think it is browser related since it does the same on Firefox and Explorer (didn't try Chrome though...)

Anyways, just wanted to let you know, in case you didn't already.

Looks like a missing file maybe.

I just tried it and it's working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    Looks like a missing file maybe.

I just tried it and it's working fine.
    Weird because for me it still gives me the same error...
    Last edited by andraques; 03-19-2014 at 03:56 PM.

MarylandDungeonMaster

Quote Originally Posted by drow View Post
    that's something i'd like to do, but haven't had time to take a proper whack at it yet.
    I am also having difficulty accessing your Fantasy World Generator (which, btw, is one of the most awesome RPG tool achievements I have ever come across). I receive the same error as reported above = "Can't locate world/toolkit.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /home/drow/Sites/donjon/lib/common /home/drow/Sites/donjon/lib /home/drow/lib/perl /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.10.0 /usr/local/lib/perl5 /Library/Perl/Updates/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/Updates/5.10.0 /System/Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/5.10.0 /Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.10.0 /Network/Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Network/Library/Perl/5.10.0 /Network/Library/Perl /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.10.0 .) at index.cgi line 12."

Please fix this at your earliest convenience, as I love using it as a staple in my D&D sessions.

Thank you, and keep up the good work!

Although the Fantasy World Generator generates a picture of a requested map, when I right click to save the picture or to copy its link, it invariably leads me to http://worldgen.bin.sh/cache/.png , which is never the picture of the map I generated.

Thought I should mention this problem.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234