Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broken Links?

Question Broken Links?

Hello,

First, I have to tell you that I've already gained a lot from the site, going through some of the tutorials and such. Thank you so very much for this resource.

I did have a question concerning some of the links, it appears that a large number of them are broken at the moment, especially in the beginning areas and tutorials. Is this something that is known about, or is it possible that my ISP is to blame? Some sites have issues with traffic from Korea, so I can never be sure if it's the site or me... I looked through the site tech support forum here, and saw another post about broken links, but it only referred to the ones with in people's signatures, not the tutorials and such.

Thanks,

RedSatyr

Yeah, someone pointed out to me last week that all of the links in my sig were broken. I haven't been able to figure out what the problem is. I'd be interested to know if anyone knows why this is (and how to fix it) as well.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Hello all -- I've encountered the same broken link problem. Originally thought it might be my ISP....looks like we're all having similar challenges.

All the best, DChadwick

Nope my internal links are broken but my external links work fine. I know we made a server move a couple weeks ago so I'm guessing it's just a setting. Eventually I think it'll get fixed.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Ya moving the server will work I guess!!!
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."-Confucius
    Old map and Historic map

Thanks for the information! At least I know now it's nothing to do with my ISP...
    Last edited by RedSatyr; 12-18-2012 at 06:01 AM. Reason: missed out a word...:)

Sorry all-

Due to some changes in the SEO of the site, the old forum.cartographersguild.com links don't work.

People can just edit their links to "www" instead of "forum" and the links will work.

I'm checking to see if I can run a sql replace query to do this in batch....

-Rob A>

Thanks for the reply, RobA! The workaround is much appreciated as well...

Yes, thanks Roba. I did what you said and that seems to have fixed mine up.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I've run a few db queries to turn any forum.cartographerguild.com links to be www. I think I got all the posts, comments, and articles.

If you notice any broken ones, the might be real old (we did a database change many years ago that might have left broken links, even then) or linking to deleted threads.

Please post a note if you see any that are dead that should (reasonably) be active.

Thanks for the community help in pointing these out.

-Rob A>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast