Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Green Havens - Fantasy map

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Merci beaucoup Les noms ont été donnés par l'auteur du conte de fantasy pour lequel la carte a été réalisée mais je crois que la nomination des Bois du Ponant est effectivement un clin d'oeil à Sleepy Hollow.

Thanks much Labels were written by the fantasy tale's writer who commisionned the map. As far as i know the name Bois du Ponant is indeed a reference to the Sleepy Hollow Burton's movie.

I really like the places of interest, towers standing by themselves, isolated forests. All places that bring me into the map and make me want to experience the stories that must flow from those places. It is all very lovely and well imagined.
    My debut novel, The Final Warden is available on Amazon.com in paperback and on Kindle.

Please visit my blog for more information about my writing and my art

Please visit my sketchbook on Conceptart.org
    TomCardin

Amazing! Love the amount of details.

Thanks, comments much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Cardin View Post
    I really like the places of interest, towers standing by themselves, isolated forests. All places that bring me into the map and make me want to experience the stories that must flow from those places. It is all very lovely and well imagined.
    So I guess I didn't do my job too bad

OMG

I love this project.

I wanted to point out one element that got my attention and I fully plan on stealing it in the future if you don't mind.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	naming-tag-01.png 
Views:	329 
Size:	196.1 KB 
ID:	51977

Icons on maps are something that I love to use but they always seem to get 'lost' in all of the detail. Even if I color them in to give them some depth the towers and things just blur for some reason. I really like how you encircled the tower in a highlited area, outlined it and then drew a line where the title could 'rest' next to it.

It really grabs your attention.

Amazing work.
    -GP

Thanks much GP. Well I'm glad that it will maybe inspire you on some future works Though I think that those way to point out special locations is ok when you don't have too many on a map. Also I tried to make kind of echo between the rounds elements in the whole map (gems on topleft corner and compass, city green round icon and highlighted circle for special locations) to give some harmony.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

One map that u cant say much different things lol, just redundant congratulations! Lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by Green-Pilgrim View Post
    OMG

I love this project.

I wanted to point out one element that got my attention and I fully plan on stealing it in the future if you don't mind.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	naming-tag-01.png 
Views:	329 
Size:	196.1 KB 
ID:	51977

Icons on maps are something that I love to use but they always seem to get 'lost' in all of the detail. Even if I color them in to give them some depth the towers and things just blur for some reason. I really like how you encircled the tower in a highlited area, outlined it and then drew a line where the title could 'rest' next to it.

It really grabs your attention.

Amazing work.
    -GP
    Yeah i wanted something like it long time. was trying something, but not working like this nice detail.

Loved your Farms, can i steal the idea?

Guild Member Facebook Connected

Merci pour nous donner cette carte magnifique des Havres Verts. J'adore le resultat de votre travail. S'il vous plait, continuez a creer des oeuvres comme ca.

Je ne suis qu'un etudiant de francais. Mais je voudrais apprendre cette belle langue.

@ Aquarits: Thanks much And yea feel free to use the farms idea. After all, this is just some common way to draw them
    @Will : Comment in french much appreciated. You're doing very well in french And thanks for the kind comment, I'm glad that you liked Green Havens!

Awesome map! I really like the colours work, the attention paid to details and the way it gives the beholder the willing to travel in this country. I can imagine a lot of stories about all those places. Great job!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast