For now, this is a discussion of the Fenridge area. I'm hoping to build a succession of 'kits' for regional architecture. Stone architecture in the Thrubmorten Fen Highlands is on deck.

A request for Redrobes - whatever height info he has on the area?

The limestone ridges appear to be too segmented for a 'high'way. I envison the ridge base provides a host of natural fortresses from mostly dumb but ferocious beasts, and numerous water sources if you know where to look. Very large airborne predators are rare and migratory. The tops are used only in dire need.

I defer to Redrobes in all of this, so my goal is to develop enough understanding to develop reasoned map - regardless of the contest time frame ultimately.

How high is the ridgeline?
Is it contiguous (despite my poor visual analysis)?
Fenridge Valley appears quite hospitable - perhaps the so much that the locals (with the help of druidic knowlege purchased with ethical landuse restraint) can draw limited water at will - this the town and castle are something of an highland 'oasis'?

Tell us the story of the early days of the Sky Guard uncle Redrobes! Did they really trick the mean ol' BravenBack to his doom?